Grand Rapids Golf Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Mines 14

14
Par 4, 362 yards

A mean, severely sloped fairway from right to left demands a long carry, which stymies me from the tee even though the shape of the hole plays to my slice.

But I slice my 3-wood so badly I end up in the 13th fairway, and face an uphill punch through two trees. I play a half a 4-iron well and roll it back up onto the correct fairway, 50 yards short. With the pin placement on the left of the green, on the top tier of an undulating green, I have no place to put the approach except the back left corner, where I land the ball but can't stop it. That leaves me a sand wedge back onto the green that I lose off the ridge, though I nearly hole the 18-footer coming back. After a two-foot break from left to right, I leave it one thumbnail short. My first double bogey, 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home