Grand Rapids Golf Blog

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Indian Trails 13

13
Par 4, 287 yards, blind tee shot down a hill

The tee shot is intimidating because all you can see is treetops. The fairway is wide, but trees form rigid boundaries on either side at the bottom of the hill.

I'm feeling okay about my woods now and go with a 3-wood. I hit it cleanly, starting it right, but it slices all the way to the left of the fairway. I know there's a wide-open landing area off the left side there, but I've hit it under a tree branch. I punch out a half a 9-iron, hoping to clear the left fairway bunker. I don't get enough of it and just catch the far edge of the bunker. I'm clueless in the sand so it takes me a sand wedge to shovel out and then another one to get on the green. 15-footers are impossible on greens this bare and patchy, and I'm lucky to get out with a 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home